Sunday 19 August 2012

Rearranging,,

During these 'a little too busy' summer months I've been trying to make out house a little more friendly to the eye. Since we don't plan to stay here too long and I don't want to de-value our home in any way, the living room carpet is staying. Cream, thick plush, but not wonderfully pleasing to my eyes that long for wooden floors and persian rugs. So I began with the bedroom while I think of ways to sort out our lounge. All suggestions/pins welcome on the carpet front!
So, the bedroom. I've been de-cluttering, under the bed was just STUFF I have so much STUFF. 
So I removed said stuff and now the wicker baskets are on show down the side of the bed and my favourite shoes at the bottom giving me more space at the bottom of the wardrobe and downstairs on the shoe rack! The bed is not alongside the wall so that morning snuggles with miss Molly are a little safer- quite the gymnast that girl! Just like mama :) Next I would like to remove the wardrobes and replace them with rails but again, it's a good selling asset to have the fitted suite stay as the space is a little awkward so I'm yet to decide on whether it's the best idea or not..
So many plans, so little time! And I still haven't finished painting that hallway yet ;)
...
Talking of decorating, last week I did another guest post for the lovely Shona and Cecile of Wiggly Rascals
Nursery's on a budget. I think my main top tip is DON'T BUY A CHANGING TABLE! 
Horrid ugly things!

2 comments:

  1. i like to de-clutter from time to time too. i wish you luck with your plans! :D

    p.s. molly is so cute! :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Win 3 kinds of truffles from The Madelaine Chocolate Company! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how clean and fresh the room looks! Im with you on the wood floors. I love them too!!

    ReplyDelete