Wednesday 8 October 2014

Dunelm DIY

This has to be one of my favourite posts to write up in a while.
Dunelm sent us some bits to do some dip-dye napkins which is right up my street. Molly helped me with the toddler friendly bits and I did the rest. The how-to details are here.
^^ Choosing the colours. Naturally, she chose pink.
^^ Adding the water. Molly ate her lunch while I set it up because the water was a bit hot so I thought it best to let it cool a bit before she got stirring. As you can see from the out of focus picture, K-man found it fascinating!
^^Every 20 minutes I lifted the napkins upwards and propped it with a wooden spoon to get the dip-dye effect. I would say you'd need less time with a non water resistant fabric.
^^A little while later, stirring away. 
Checking on progress.. ready to rinse and dry!
Ta da:
Perfect to jazz up any afternoon tea-party! I will say that I think linen napkins or a non water resistant cotton might dye a little better as these took a while to take but with patience they dip dyed beautifully. These would be perfect in orange for a Halloween Party. I'm thinking red and green for the next lot for Christmas. I'm also tucking this idea away for wedding favours. A dip-dyed napkin for every guest. Thanks Dunelm, we had such a fun afternoon!

*The DIY kit was a gift, as always opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment