Saturday 13 February 2016

OneyearofMargaux// Six Months

 Dear Margaux,

The last six months with you as our daughter has been wonderful. You have such a cheeky disposition. The way you grab my hair on both side of my head and pull outwards.. or do the same to the dog with his cheeks! The way you pant and grunt when playing with your hands which you think are the most interesting thing ever. And most excitingly the enthusiasm you have for food. And stealing it off my plate!
I love snuggling you in the middle of the night. Your steady heavy breathing next to me.
One of my favourite memories that I will always cherish will be waking up a few hours before dawn and snuggling into you, unable to see your face but hearing and feeling the rise and fall of your chest and warmth of your breath. I love sleeping next to you. In a few weeks it will only be on special occasions as you learn to be a bit more independent and if I'm honest I'm dreading it. I don't know if it's the trauma that was leaving you at six weeks, or whether it's just the fact that I now appreciate the waterfall of time that occurs after having your first child. The days are long but the years are short. I now even feel that the days are short since School started ruling our schedule.
Here's to the next six months. May they be slower.


No comments:

Post a Comment